Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort config

From: wkitty42--- via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 10:45:28 -0400

On 4/10/20 5:00 PM, Julien Dale via Snort-sigs wrote:
Hopefully this is where I can send this. I’m trying to configure snort but I keep getting

ERROR: c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf(330) => Invalid keyword 'preprocessor' for server configuration.

Fatal Error, Quitting..

     u_encode yes \

     webroot no \

     #decompress_swf { deflate lzma } \

     #decompress_pdf { deflate }

if you are going to comment out the last line of a continuation, you have to remove the '\' on the new last line higher above...

in actuality, the problem you are trying to solve is "lzma" in the next to last line... just remove that and you should be ok...

        u_encode yes \
        webroot no \
#       decompress_swf { deflate lzma } \
        decompress_swf { deflate } \
        decompress_pdf { deflate }