Snort mailing list archives

Re: improper warning with snort 3.0.1 b2

From: "Russ Combs \(rucombs\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 22:56:46 +0000

Hey Noah,

The default snort.lua should have, ignoring comments, appid = { }.  That will generate this warning:

    WARNING: install/etc/snort/snort.lua: appid: app_detector_dir not configured; no support for appids in rules.

It is a warning, not fatal, and it is output because appid has limited functionality without any Lua detectors.

Russ