Snort mailing list archives

Re: question on --tweaks max_detect

From: Noah Dietrich <noah_dietrich () 86penny org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:32:24 +0200

yes, each run of snort is a one-off (I'm not running as a daemon).
I'm launching an instance of snort to scan a single pcap file (so i'm
replaying the exact same traffic through snort), and then snort closes once
the pcap has been processed against ther ruleset.
i'm modifying each run of snort to test with and without the max_detect
option

thanks
Noah

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 8:29 PM Filice II, Anthony <