tcpdump mailing list archives

RE: TCP/UDP Data Streams - Packet Reassembly

From: Simon Patarin <simon.patarin () inria fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:18:13 +0100 (MET)

      Our commercial product ContExt (Content Extractor) will create
images/docs from a raw packet stream 7x24 in real-time and handle
frags, out of sequence packets etc. It creates web reports of the
content and allows searches and tracking of addresses. Its a
hardware/software solution packaged as a device. It handles GIG
ethernet and 20,000+ concurrent connections.

Pandora (my GPL product) does this for free! :)
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pandora/

Well, maybe all the nifty features you describe are not all present, but
it should not be very difficult to add them if necessary. It is pure
software and handles ~250 Mb/s on a pentiumIII 1.4GHz (linux or
FreeBSD) platform.

HTH,

Simon

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe