tcpdump mailing list archives

A newbie question

From: Shiraz Baig <shiraz_baig () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:08:20 -0800 (PST)

Sir,
   I might look stupid asking this question. But I
have read the FAQ and the man page. But not understood
it fully. I want to download the payload of packets.
The tcpdump appears to give only the network traffic I
want to display the payload of the packets only and
not the traffic.
I tried with -w and -r option but again I got the
traffic and not the payload.

Could you please tell me a simple command to capture
the payload, or display it on the screen.
bye
shiraz