tcpdump mailing list archives

recent libpcap builds failing

From: Andrew Brown <atatat () atatdot net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:14:33 -0500

i have a pedantic build system that nukes my build area, copies the
source files out of the checked out tree (sans CVS directories), and
builds completely afresh.

today i noticed it dying in the libpcap build with:

        creating ./config.status
        creating Makefile
        creating config.h
        gcc -O2 -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./pcap-bpf.c
        gcc -O2 -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./fad-getad.c
        gcc -O2 -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./pcap.c
        ./pcap.c:619: version.h: No such file or directory

the fix is simple (and attached): add a dependency in Makefile.in that
says that pcap.o is dependent on version.h.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior () daemon org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet