tcpdump mailing list archives

tcpdump on AIX5.1

From: "Schotten, Michael" <Michael.Schotten () FLHOSP ORG>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:22:34 -0400

Trying to install tcpdump 3.8 on a pSeries 6H1 running AIX 5.1. The
"configure--disable-ipv6" works but when I run the "make" I get the
following;

 gcc -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I./missing -c ./addrtoname.c
addrtoname.c:48:25: pcap-namedb.h: A file or directory in the path name does
not exist.
In file included from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.2.0/3.0.1/include/sys/signal.h:309
,
                 from /usr/include/signal.h:20,
                 from addrtoname.c:49:
/usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t"
/usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token
addrtoname.c: In function `etheraddr_string':
addrtoname.c:425: warning: passing arg 2 of `ether_ntohost' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
addrtoname.c: In function `init_etherarray':
addrtoname.c:791: warning: passing arg 2 of `ether_ntohost' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

Can anyone tell me where my problem lies and how to correct it?

Mike Schotten

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering this
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material
from any computer.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe