tcpdump mailing list archives

Problems compiling tcpdump w/ redhat 9

From: "Phillip S. Davis" <phil () daviszone org>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:27:10 -0400

I have been building srpms ans rpms for redhat 9 for both libpcap and
tcpdump, libpcap was easy, but tcpdump is crashing with the following
error, and I am not good enough at c coding yet to debug the reason,
could someone give me a patch to fix this so I can include it in the rpm
build?

heres the error:

In file included from print-sctp.c:51:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:82: parse error before numeric constant
print-sctp.c: In function `sctp_print':
print-sctp.c:130: `IPPROTO_SCTP' undeclared (first use in this function)
print-sctp.c:130: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
print-sctp.c:130: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [print-sctp.o] Error 1

I saw a bug related to this in the bug list, so I don't want to resubmit
it, but I would like to help you get some redhat 9 rpms available for
the users out there...

thanks

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe