tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Patch for Endace DAG card support in libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:10:49 -0700

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:20:50PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:06:54AM +1200, Jesper Peterson wrote:
An alternative to this would be to implement a more generic runtime
dispatcher possibly through function pointers in struct pcap_md. We
(Endace) would be willing to implement such a dispatcher if preferred.

That would be nice, as it could support other capture mechanisms
(various types of pods, etc.) although, given that your patch supports
building a libpcap that handles both the native capture mechanism and
DAG, I wouldn't require it before checking it in.

It might also work well with the remote capture stuff the WinPcap
developers are doing, as that probably also involves runtime dispatching
of some sort.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe