tcpdump mailing list archives

-y and -r flag

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:51:29 +0200

What good can these two flags make together?
I.e. reading a capture with DLT_NULL frames trying to interpret then
as DLT_EN10MB doesn't work. Should it?

AFAICS a legitimate use would be to read one datalink type and
try to write out a capture with another DLT. E.g.

windump -r null_dlt.pcap -y en10mb -w en10mb_dlt.pcap

But again, it doesn't do what I expect; the files are exactly
the same. Maybe tcpdump should flag it as an error using -y
and -r flags together ??

Gisle V.

# rm /bin/laden
/bin/laden: Not found

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe