tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: ./pcap-bpf.c:340: storage size of `cfg_bpf' isn't known AIX problem

From: Shaun <delius () progsoc uts edu au>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:16:41 +1100 (EST)

Hi Jaime,

I have upgraded to the latest CVS and I  can not get
it to compile now. It errors out about unknown size of
cfg_bpf. I can see the new code to create /dev/bpf
devices on AIX, as well as load the bpf driver.
The definition for bpf_config is defined in the
net/bpf.h so I am not sure what I need to fix.

# make
gcc -O2 -Wl,-bbigtoc -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c
./pcap-bpf.c
./pcap-bpf.c: In function `bpf_load':
./pcap-bpf.c:340: storage size of `cfg_bpf' isn't

Weird, I suspect you must not be picking up the definition in bpf.h for
some reason. Send me the output from the following and I'll try to work
it out if you like:

gcc -E -Wl,-bbigtoc -I. -DHAVe_CONFIG_H ./pcap.bpf.c

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help, I normally use xlc on AIX, not
gcc.

Cheers,
Shaun

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe