tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: packet modification

From: "Mario Lobo" <mlobo () ocp nlink com br>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:44:12 -0300

Hi Kifah and JF;

I need to do the same using  FreeBSD. I think that the LKM approach seems more
suitable. Do any of you have any simple code samples on that direction? FreeBSD
does not use IPTABLES so that's a no-no for me. The libcap approach, as we
know, doesn't do what we need.

If any of you know of something, PLEASE let me know !! I'll do the same !!

Thanks,

Hello John,

Tuesday, November 4, 2003, 6:39:33 AM, you wrote:

JF> Hi Kifah,

JF> I tried doing something similiar a little while ago and couldn't find any
JF> good ways to stop the packets from getting to the network stack.  I found
JF> two possible ways, one was to catch them at the kernel level using a
JF> LKM(loadable kernel module), and the other was to use  iptables to drop
JF> them and since libpcap captures them before iptables drops them you can
JF> retransmit the packets.  I cant remember the name of the library to
JF> interact with iptables but if you need it email me offline and i'll look
JF> it up, i'm in class right now.  And if you find a better way let me know.

JF> john fastabend

Well, i forgot to mention that my ipsec-bridges operate on openbsd 3.3
Nevertheless i would appreciate it if you send me the name of
library.I will email you over that.

Thanks

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-
request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe

--
   //|  //||