tcpdump mailing list archives

AIX build using BPF

From: Dannis_Yang () candle com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:08:38 -0800

I download and built tcpdump 3.7.2 and libpcap 0.7.2 on AIX 4.3 using BPF.
The bpf_open() call failed with errno  6 No such device or address for
device /dev/bpf0. However, if I just run once the tcpdump program came with
the OS in /usr/sbin directory then from that point on my built tcpdump work
without any problem. It seems that I must run the tcpdump came with the AIX
once every time system is IPL'ed. Is this a reported problem or I have
built incorrectly? Thank you.

Dannis

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe