tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Unexpected primitive ack DL_UNITDATA_IND

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:03:43 -0700

On Jun 9, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Rick Jones wrote:

On the surface I wouldn't think so - simply attaching to a PPA I don't think means traffic could arrive - however, if one has attached, and then binds to a SAP, then traffic could indeed start arriving. (Il-informed guesstimation, and hopefully I'm recalling the correct distinction between attach and bind)

Well, we *are* doing an info request after binding, so perhaps it might happen then.

I'm not sure why we're doing that; it dates back to libpcap 0.4. Do you know of any reason why the "dl_mac_type" from an info request before binding to a SAP might be different from the "dl_mac_type" from a request after binding to a SAP?

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.