tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Fw: new file format

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () polito it>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:13:05 -0700

Hi.

I haven't seen any reply to Fulvio's proposal about removing the byte order
magic and using the string "\r\n\r\x1A".

Personally, I prefer my original proposal of leaving the byte order magic
and the block type "\r\n\n\r" (just because we have 8 bytes to check if the
file is correct and understand its byte order).

Can we decide what is the final block type for the section header block?

Have a nice day
GV