tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: some problem in the source code

From: Robert Lowe <Robert.H.Lowe () lawrence edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:37:29 -0600

But the problem is when i assign "any" or NULL to the variable "dev" , the program
> is capturing the packets but showing wrong destination address like 00:01:00:01:00:06
> for each of the 20 packets I captured.

I just went through this... look at pcap_datalink().  If it doesn't return DLT_EN10MB,
then you have to provide logic to deal with whatever differences there might be in
the link layer header.  See a recent manpage for pcap, and/or check the archives for
the thread "loopback interface and byte order".

-Robert

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.