tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap 0.9.4 on HP-UX: "Device busy"

From: Rick Jones <rick.jones2 () hp com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:41:01 -0700

Justin E wrote:
Hi Harley,

Thanks for the response. As I mentioned in my post, I used lsof to
check that no other process has the device open. In addition, using an
earlier version of libpcap (modified in-house but based on 0.5 or
thereabouts) works fine on the same box. Is there any reason why
earlier versions of libpcap would allow devices to be opened more than
once, but the newest version wouldn't? I'm pretty sure there isn't (as
it seems to just be a limitation of dlpi), which makes me pretty sure
that there's no other processes interfering.

Which SAPs are being bound in each case?

rick jones
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.