tcpdump mailing list archives

Remote tcpdump plug-in

From: Cove Schneider <cove () wildpackets com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:16:10 -0700

Hello everyone,

I wanted to tell everyone about the remote tcpdump plug-in for OmniPeek; it connects to any Unix or Linux machine over SSH and then runs tcpdump to stream the packets back into OmniPeek. If the user name you login as is not "root" then it will try to run tcpdump with sudo. It can also "discover" the interfaces and their IP addresses on the remote machine for you, so you don't need to know in advance what the interface names are.

Screen shots can be found here:
http://www.omnipeek.com/view_plugin.php?id=46

Also, OmniPeek Personal is free and works with the plug-in:
http://www.omnipeek.com

If you run into any problems with it let me know.

Thanks,

Cove
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.