tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap_loop() not returning after pcap_breakloop()

From: "Richard Hansen" <pcap-ri () scientician org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:30:05 -0400

If pcap_breakloop() is called in a signal handler, and the signal in
question isn't set up to restart system calls, that should
let the loop terminate cleanly.  If it's not called in a signal
handler, i.e. if there's no signal that was delivered to the process,
that won't help.

Can I send a signal myself to get it to terminate cleanly?  If so, is there a good reference for how to do this?
(Sorry, I'm new to C and *nix programming and I don't know much about signals.)

Thanks,
Richard

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.