tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: introduction of a new protocol

From: Maria Cruz <cruz_petagay () bah com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:13:14 +0000 (UTC)

Guy Harris <guy <at> alum.mit.edu> writes:

I.e., you'll be capturing at the line between "MAC Common Part Sublayer"
and "Security Sublayer" (where there's no SAP, but that doesn't mean you
can't capture there), and the packet data in the capture will have each
packet start with a "Generic MAC header" as per figure 18?
Yes the packet data with a "Generic MAC header" is what i want to capture.

Given all that, I'd be inclined to call the DLT_ value for capturing at
the MAC Common Part Sublayer be DLT_IEEE802_16_MAC_CPS, to indicate at
what layer the capture is done.

Does that make sense?
DLT_IEEE802_16_MAC_CPS is fine.  Thanks.  Will you also assign a value?
thanks! maria cruz

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.