tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: again usb sniffing: RFC

From: Paolo Abeni <paolo.abeni () email it>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:06:12 +0100

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:53 -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
Is pcap_usb_header specified by any part of the USB spec?

It's not in any spec, as far as I know.

we might as well go with the standard memory-mapped
header - as long as the Linux USB developers preserve binary
compatibility and don't change the header format at some point in the
future.

I can't assure anything on this front, because obviously I have no
authority. Anyway, despite in kernel API are known to be kept unstable
by design, user space API, such as the one libpcap uses, should not
change easily.

I'll re-work the patch to use the kernel provided header and will resend
it.

Best regards,

Paolo

-