tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: segfault in libpcap

From: "Abeni Paolo" <paolo.abeni () telecomitalia it>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:25:41 +0100

on Tue 1/30/2007 11:28 AM Florent Drouin wrote:

I have a systematical crash at tcpdump startup, when I am using libpcap
(2007-01-30)
I just add a test to check if the USB bus directory is present in
pcap-usb-linux.c, and it
seems to solve the problem.

You are right the bug is there. Thanks for pointing it out.

Your patch seams to be reversed, so I repost it in order to semplify the mantainers work.

BTW what kernel version/distro are you running ? it's strange to not found the directory /proc/bus/usb...

ciao,

Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If
you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
webmaster () telecomitalia it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it