tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Welcome to the tcpdump-workers list!

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:33:09 -0700

On Aug 29, 2007, at 9:32 PM, xiao.liang () cn alps com wrote:

when build tcpdump, how to find all the FEATUREs when i want to use
./configure --disable-FEATURE,for example,to disable use openssl/ evp.h,
./configure --disable-evp which is do not work!

If you mean "how do I find all the features that I can enable or disable with the configure script", you do that with "./configure -- help", as you do with any other package that uses an autoconfig script. Look at the "Optional Features" and "Optional Packages" section...

...and note, in particular, that there is *NOT* a "--disable-evp" option. The configure script checks whether there's an openssl/evp.h file and, if there is one, configures tcpdump to use it.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.