tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 3.9.8 / libpcap 0.9.8 releases coming shortly

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () cacetech com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:44:38 -0700

After a quick compilation test, libpcap compiles ok (albeit with some new warnings popping out from VC6).

tcpdump (0.9.x branch) has some problems, instead:

- print-rsvp.c doesn't compile as it's not strictly C

-----
       case RSVP_OBJ_LABEL_SET:
           switch(rsvp_obj_ctype) {
           case RSVP_CTYPE_1:
   if (obj_tlen < 4)
                   return-1;

               u_int action, subchannel;
               action = (EXTRACT_16BITS(obj_tptr)>>8);
-----
(the declaration of u_int action and subchannel should be at be beginning)

- print-icmp.c

-----
struct icmp_mpls_ext_common_header_t {
};
-----
This 0-length structure doesn't seem to be used at all and VC6 doesn't like 0-length structures. Ok to completely remove the structure definition?

-print-pflog.c: this file does not compile at all because HAVE_NET_PFVAR_H is not available under windows. I can probably easily fix it by taking the needed files from BSD, but it make take a couple hours to do that.

Can we delay the release of 0.9.8/3.9.8 until tomorrow?

GV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () cacetech com>