tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap format / standard(s)

From: Jesse Norell <jesse () kci net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:10:24 -0600

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 11:40 -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
Hey Jesse,
Why not just reference annex A? It is already a standard that
CALEA recognizes.  The wiki is not the first compilation of the
information you're interested in referencing (hasn't changed
since the first implementation so way back when, other than
the timestamp precision field, which is always zero anyay),

  I'm more concerned about direct cut & paste (copyright infringement)
than just compiling the info in one place; do you know if the wiki is
simply a copy of some other source?  (I've not found any other
"original" source for that exact text in a little searching.)

  Your suggestion is a possibility though, I'll kick it past the group.

Thanks,
Jesse

and from the perspective of safe harbor, referencing libpcap
is not going to be helpful with CALEA, but referencing
CM-SP-CBI20.0-I01-070611 will go a good way.

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President
QoSient, LLC