tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Announce: tcpdump 3.9.8 and libpcap 0.9.8 released

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:09:35 +0200

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 09:16:00PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
  So, the idea was that "releasetar" target (in the Makefile), couldn't
be run until you had actually done at least ./configure, and ideally, a
make and a make test.

  Unfortunately, it also encourages one to do a release from a dirty
directory.  Suggestions...?

I've seen the following code using svn, maybe something along the lines
is doable with cvs as well?

vpnc-%.tar.gz :
        mkdir vpnc-$*
        svn info -R | awk -v RS='\n\n' -v FS='\n' '/Node Kind: file/ {print substr($$1,7)}' | \
                tar cT - | tar xC vpnc-$*/
        tar zcf ../$@ vpnc-$*
        rm -rf vpnc-$*

Ciao
    Joerg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>
-