tcpdump mailing list archives

new DLT values

From: Hannes Kälber <hannes.kaelber () x2e de>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:54:10 +0100

Hello,

we are currently working on the integration of wireshark into our
datalogger toolchain. For that purpose, we need some new DLT values.

Since we are capturing automotive busses, such as CAN, Flexray, Most and
 LIN, I suggest that these busses get there own DLTs.

I suggest the names
DLT_FLEXRAY
DLT_MOST
DLT_LIN
DLT_X2E_SERIAL

As there is already a DLT named DLT_CAN20B, there is no need for another
CAN DLT.

In addition to that, we would like a seperate DLT for special status and
info messages that our capture device generates.
I suggest to name this value

DLT_X2E_XORAYA.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
  Hannes Kälber

--
Hannes Kälber
hannes.kaelber () x2e de

X2E GmbH

Tel.      +49 7275 9143 100
Fax       +49 7275 9143 109
Internet: http://www.x2e.de

Post- und Lieferanschrift:
X2E Entwicklungszentrum
Jahnstr. 2b
76870 Kandel

Geschäftsführung: Dr. Karlheinz Weiss
Amtsgericht Landau in der Pfalz HRB 21802
USt-IdNr. DE 240852 732

Hauptsitz: Raiffeisenstr. 9, 76872 Winden

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.