tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Patch: Split out pcap-filters from tcpdump

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:27:34 -0800

Joerg Mayer wrote:

Hopefully I've managed to do that in the attached patch.

Checked in, although:

- Clarify the multiple arguments case.

-Multiple arguments are concatenated with spaces before being parsed.
+Multiple arguments are concatenated with spaces before being parsed,
+i.e. there is an implicit \fIand\fP between the arguments.

I removed that, as it's not accurate - if you do

        tcpdump host foo and port 80

doesn't put "any" between, for example, "host" and "foo", even though they're separate arguments, and if you do

        tcpdump host 1.1.1.1 host 1.1.1.2

you get a parse error rather than a filter that does "host 1.1.1.1 and host 1.1.1.2".
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.