tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: patch: Allow various ethernet address notations

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:37:30 +0100

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 03:13:32PM +0100, Arien Vijn wrote:
Attached is a small patch which makes libpcap filter expressions a bit
more tolerant towards ethernet (MAC) address notations.

Did you use invisible ink^H^H^Hpixels in the attached patch?

\3 seems preferred by the IEEE and in many books.

The '-' notation should be used by all media that use the Ethernet bit
order, TR should use ':' - at least if I interpreted the IEEE correctly.
Well, it seems that hardly anyone knows that (or that I'm imagining
things of course :-)

 ciao
    Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>
-