tcpdump mailing list archives

supporting extend 'open live capture' parametes

From: "Abeni Paolo" <paolo.abeni () telecomitalia it>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:50:01 +0100

hello,

I'm sorry for the long delay into posting something on the subject, but I'm currently pretty busy with my work and
spare time is lacking. Anyway I tried to implements some of the idea discussed in the previous posts, and here is the
result. I tried to post the patch on the mailing list, but the post was deferred due to its size, so you can find the
patch in the sourceforge resurces:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=53067&atid=469579&file_id=263143&aid=1876408

This is just a showcase, since I modified only the Linux related files, do not perform any testing (beside compiling it
on my host) and there is no pcap_get_capability for now; the idea is to have the 'activete()' method to set proper
fields (for supported extended option) into the struct pcap after the capture is activated. The whole thing is more
than a bit intrusive since near every file needs to be modified, but it lead to a lot duplicated code removal.

Any comments are as usual very welcome.

cheers,

Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If
you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
webmaster () telecomitalia it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it