tcpdump mailing list archives

pcap_setbuf not available in linux

From: "Ritesh" <rtaxali () devfoundry com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:14:25 +0530

Hi ALL,

I am building the application on Centos5 using the libpcap
api(libpcap-0.9.8.tar). I want to get following 2 functionality on this.

1.       In this I want to set the kernel buffer for pcap driver, for this
function pcap_setbuff is not available, but this same function is available
in windows. So how we can set the pcap driver packet queue kernel buffer in
linux? Is their any way through which we can include the  pcap_setbuff call,
if not what is workaround?

2.       On linux, pcap_findalldevs functions is not returning the correct
Ip address of network card, it returns 2.0.0.0 IP, but NIC/card name its
returning fine. So what changes I need to do so that this functions should
return the correct IP, like my machine IP is 192.168.96.94

Thanks

Ritesh

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.