tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: any device doesn't work anymore

From: Giovanni Venturi <giovanni () ksniffer org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:43:20 +0100

Alle mercoledì 19 novembre 2008, Guy Harris ha scritto:
On Nov 17, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Giovanni Venturi wrote:
just block told me that:

SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device

I've checked a fix for this into the main and 1.0 CVS branches.

Mmm. If you can... Can you send me a patch against 1.0.0 version?
If I use NULL no block tell me that there is a problem. I got crash on
(FD_SET):

"Crash" meaning your program crashed?

If so, did you check whether m_pcap_fd was -1 or not?

If you didn't, your code is buggy - it should always check whether it
returns -1.

Yes my program is bugged if I don't check the -1 in return . :)
I'm not perfect at all.
When you have time can you give a look at the code here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/network/ksniffer/ksniff/ksniff.cpp?revision=886279&view=markup

?

Thank you for libpcap :) . I've seen interesting new features in the 1.0
version.
Giovanni

--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.27.6