tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump400 compile pb without ipv6 (print-enc.c)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:24:59 -0500

"Ken" == Ken Bantoft <ken () netfunctional ca> writes:
    >> On Nov 23, 2008, at 9:52 AM, rmkml wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a little pb when I compile tcpdump v4.0.0 with libpcap
    >>> v1.0.0 on FreeBSD v7.0 Release without IPv6.
    >> That should already be fixed in the top of the main and 4.0 CVS
    >> branches - try checking out with -rtcpdump_4_0 from anonymous
    >> CVS.
    >>
    >> At some point we should put out libpcap 1.0.1/tcpdump 4.0.1
    >> releases.

    Ken> No problem there... right now, I'm tempted to cut them from CVS
    Ken> instead of git, since I don't believe mcr has pulled in all the
    Ken> history into the git repos.

  Yes, do that (cut from CVS).

  We need to decide how much effort to put into moving all the branch
and history.   I am tempted to simply import each major release as a
branch in git. It will have no common ancestry unless I import it
against the branch point.

  Comments?

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[