tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: MIME type for libpcap-format capture files

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:30:32 +0000

On 2008-12-13 01:17, Guy Harris wrote:
On Dec 12, 2008, at 5:02 PM, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
I still think current and "ng" pcap formats should be distinguished in MIME type name.

So do I, which is why I said it'd be something such as application/pcap-ng-capture.

I was responding, however, to Phil Vandry, who seemed to be indicating that there was no need for a version designation in the MIME type, and that versions would be distinguished only by parsing the file itself: