tcpdump mailing list archives

Should we wait for release or start backporting patches... or what?

From: Peter Volkov <pva () gentoo org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:53:40 +0300

Hi. There was quite a number of bugs fixed both in libpcap and tcpdump
since last release. There was even announcement that new 4.0.1 and 1.0.1
will be released very shortly [1] but as I see no release happened since
that time. So my question is should we wait for next release (when does
it happen?) or should we start backport patches for Gentoo or ...
probably it's better to start using recent git snapshot? What do you
suggest? Thank you in advance.

[1] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.tcpdump.devel
--
Peter.