tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Email Content Extraction From payload

From: Tobias Weber <mk0423 () towb de>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:26:32 +0200

On 03.04.2009, at 17:14, Shameem Ahamed wrote:

Problem is , when i try to print the payload (It is represented as a pointer to the u_char data type), it gives me binary data , of course it includes some ascii data ( the http request headers).

Is one of them, by any chance, "Content-Encoding: gzip" or "Content- Type: image/jpeg"? There's all sorts of things in a packet stream from a web mail application.

What is it you ultimately want to do? I think you're on a wrong track...
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.