tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Regarding PCAP versions

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:04:48 -0700

On Jul 14, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Chandru S wrote:

I was able to find the CHANGES file but my only concern is that it gives us the difference between subsequent releases .I need a document which can provide all the changes from my PCAP version to the LATEST.Is there any document in that pattern?

Yes.

As Aaron Turner noted, it's the CHANGES file in the latest version of libpcap. The CHANGES document for any given release of libpcap - or tcpdump - gives the changes from the first version to that release. Therefore, the CHANGES file for the latest version of libpcap gives the changes from the first version to the latest version; the changes are given for each version, so you can, given that, determine the changes from your version to the latest version.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.