tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap: patches required for OpenSolaris/SXCE build >= 125

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:05:37 -0800

On Nov 25, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

Can I plug a Cisco cable modem head-end device into an IPNET device and have it put DOCSIS frames inside IPNET layer-1 framing, so that you get packets with *no* IPNET header? I suspect the answer is "no", in which case you should not set is_ethernet for DLT_IPNET.

OK, that was a bit confusing - the check was only being done for devices that offered DLT_EN10MB as their primary DLT. The check should stay in - but only be done if DLT_IPNET is defined, otherwise it won't compile (pcap-bpf.c includes the native OS's net/bpf.h, not pcap's pcap/bpf.h, so it's not guaranteed to be defined. I've added an #ifdef for that (and a comment explaining why we're treating DLT_IPNET specially).
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.