tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: how to create a PCAP file made of a bunch of Ethernet frames using libpcap ?

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:50:58 -0500

"Selçuk" == Selçuk Cevher <cevhers () gmail com> writes:
    Selçuk> As far as I know, libpcap is capable of packaging certain
    Selçuk> amount of binary data in the form of an Ethernet frame.

That's now what I'd write.  Not recognizing your linguistic background,
I'm not sure whether I should disagree.

libpcap can package ethernet frames (and other kinds of frames) as a
binary data format called pcap.

    Selçuk> I wonder if libpcap is capable of combining several Ethernet frames
    Selçuk> constructed by itself or obtained from  a live capture in
    Selçuk> the form of a PCAP file.

I assume you have done 'man 3 pcap', or visited:
  http://www.tcpdump.org/pcap3_man.html

there is an entire API.

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[