tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: make check problems

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:32:41 -0400

"Ondrej" == Ondrej Mori <omoris () redhat com> writes:
    Ondrej> Hi,

    Ondrej> there are some failures in make check (output attached), is
    Ondrej> it some known bug? Actually there is a bug in both lmp.sh
    Ondrej> and print-flags.sh - these scripts exit with 0 no matter
    Ondrej> what diff command returns and therefore these tests (in
    Ondrej> TESTrun.sh) always report 'pass'.

DAMN on me.

Thank you kindly for having run the tests!!!
I've been trying to transition them to just using TESTLIST, rather than
have a .sh for each one.

    Ondrej> May I ask you what is current coverage of make check?

I have no way to judge it automatically, I'd say, based upon:

marajade-[projects/Misc/tcpdump/tcpdump] mcr 10335 %ls print-*.c | wc -w
114
marajade-[projects/Misc/tcpdump/tcpdump] mcr 10336 %ls tests/*out | wc -w
32

that at best it's 32/114 = 28% likely more like 15%.

To the extent possible all major new additions of print-* have had tests
added, and bug fixes have had tests.   Newer code is more likely to
buggy than old code, so that's good, but better coverage would be great.

    Ondrej> BTW: It seems to be impossible to configure tcpdump with
    Ondrej> SSLeay for me. Does anyone else hit this problem
    Ondrej> (i.e. checking where SSLeay is located... not found)?

Do you have the devel libraries/includes installed?

Mine are in /usr/include/openssl. It looks for PATH/include/openssl/evp.h.

% dpkg -S /usr/include/openssl/evp.h
libssl-dev: /usr/include/openssl/evp.h

- --
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[