tcpdump mailing list archives

Request for new DLT and LINKTYPE value

From: "Edgar, Thomas" <thomas.edgar () pnl gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:18:58 -0700

I am posting to request a value for DLT_SERIAL and LINKTYPE_SERIAL for use with libpcap.  I am working on a project to
update libpcap and Wireshark to capture and parse RS232 and RS485 traffic (written such that it could handle a wide
range of serial protocols but targeted toward a specific application).  I am requesting the new DLT and LINKTYPE values
to accommodate the new interface type.  Our goal is to feed these modifications back to the two communities after
reaching some stability.

Thanks,

Thomas Edgar
Cyber Security Research Scientist
Secure Cyber Systems

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, MSIN K1-96
Richland, WA  99352 USA
Tel:  509-372-6195
thomas.edgar () pnl gov<mailto:thomas.edgar () pnl gov>
www.pnl.gov

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.