tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump + pf_ring capture: bogus savefile header

From: "M. V." <bored_to_death85 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:15:36 -0800 (PST)

it's the modified version that comes with pf_ring.
actually the problem solved. apparently pf_ring before revision 4498 has this
problem (on some systems?) which is solved in 4498 or newer revisions (mine was
4494). i upgraded my pf_ring source from svn to latest (4521) and problem solved
(along with the other problem i had: incorrect report of packet-drop statistics
by tcpdump, which seems to be solved in newer version)

but sadly, my packet-drop rate and capturing performance didn't get better using
pf_ring either.

Cheers!