tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: When using IPSec, tcpdump doesn't show outgoing packets

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:40:03 +0530

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM, frederic lubrano <
frederic.lubrano () gmail com> wrote:

tcpdump -i eth0 -n -s 0 -vv \(port 500 or port 4500 or proto 50\) and  host
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
--

Hi Frederic

Not sure I understand the command *tcpdump -i eth0 -n -s 0 -vv \(port 500 or
port 4500 or proto 50\) and  host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx*

What does port 500 4500 and proto 50 mean and how about src host and
destination host since you have mentioned about only one
" host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Please help me understand.

Thanks

Kaushal

On 11 February 2011 05:27, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan () gmail com>