tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap MMAP, Shared Memory version?

From: Jon Schipp <jonschipp () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:51:37 -0500

Do the recent tcpdump releases use the shared memory functionality of
the newer libpcap libraries?
Basically, if I download the latest tcpdump and the latest libpcap and
compile them on FreeBSD and on Linux, and then run the binary, will I
get the speed advantages of mmap()?

Or are there other things that I have to do, tcpdump/libpcap or maybe
OS related?

Thanks
Jon