tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump license and Nokia

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:01:11 -0500

"Guy" == Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> writes:
    >> I thought Berkley had made a general statement that some of those
    >> clauses (esp. the advertising one) could be removed??

    Guy> The statement made by the Directory of Technology Licensing at
    Guy> UCB was:

    Guy> ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

Assuming that this statement applied to everything that was on that web
site, and a version of tcpdump was included in that archive...
it seems that we should reasonably be able to conclude that the
statement applies to it all.

    Guy> So I'm not sure whether the letter from William Hoskins applies
    Guy> or not.  I asked some people at the Technology Transfer
    Guy> Division at LBL, but got no response.

Is there someone that lives in the right part of the Bay Area, that can
just walk into the right campus pub, and either find Mr.Hoskins, or the
relevant person?

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.