tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: capturing on both interfaces simultaneously

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:06:19 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 02:35:24PM -0500, abhinav narain wrote:
I am using libpcap on Openwrt platform, Netgear router wndr3700v2.
I am able to capture packets on phy0, interface.
But what should I do to capture packets on phy0,phy1 simultaneously in the
same program ?

I don't think I can use "any" interface as it might capture packets from
bridge interface also !

The current *development* tree of Wireshark supports simultanous capture
on several interfaces and this includes the text version tshark. AFAIK,
tcpdump does not support this - but you may alway start tcpdump multiple
times, once for each interface and later merge the capture files.

Ciao
    Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>
-