tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 4.4 release candidate 1

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:24:26 -0700

On Mar 25, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

   Guy> 4.4.0rc2 appears to have stuff that's in the trunk but not the
   Guy> tcpdump_4_4rel0 branch, such as print-msnlb.c, print-vxlan.c,
   Guy> and print-otv.c, a change to print-bgp.c, and a change to the
   Guy> Makefile not to have an explicit list of tests but to run a
   Guy> find command to find the tests.  Is that intentional?

huh?  It should all be there.

In the tarball, or in the branch?

That stuff *is* in the tarball.  The issue is that it's not in the tcpdump_4_4rel0 branch, or, at least, not in my
repository cloned from your repository and then set to the tcpdump_4_4rel0 branch.

If it's supposed to be in 4.4, as I infer is the case, then the branch is wrong.

Currently, the only differences I see between the rc3 tarballs and the trunk is the libpcap VERSION file (the tcpdump
VERSION files both say "4.4.0").

Should we make new libpcap_1.4 and tcpdump_4.4 branches from the trunk, so that they reflect what's in the rc3
tarballs?  (And then make new libpcap_1.4.0 and tcpdump_4.4.0 branches when the final 1.4.0 and 4.4.0 tarballs are
made.)