tcpdump mailing list archives

Extend libpcap tcpflags definition

From: Wesley Shields <wxs () FreeBSD org>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 22:53:00 -0400

I've been trying to come up with a good way to finish the work done in
this pull request:

https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/pull/300

I've been having a hard time coming up with a way that works, and I'm
curious if anyone else has suggestions.

We can always commit the definitions for tcp-ece and tcp-cwr, but if we
want to be able to reference tcp-ns (the last bit of the 12th byte of a
TCP header) we will have to change tcpflags to 12:2 (it is currently
13th byte).

Another option is to define an ext-tcpflags (or some other name, I
really don't care) as the 12th byte and reference it as
tcp[ext-tcpflags:2] if you want to look at tcp-ns.

At this point I'm open to suggestions.

-- WXS