tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump configure error with pcap_loop... no

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:46:33 -0800

On Dec 24, 2013, at 12:22 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

This *might* be a bug in doing "out-of-source-tree" builds (which is what you're doing - you're doing the build in a
subdirectory of the source tree), where most stuff works, but building the output of {f}lex doesn't work.

...although I just tried that with a tarball from the Git trunk, on my OS X machine, and configuring and building in a
"build" subdirectory worked, so it might be something different in your environment.