tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap version

From: Jon Anderson <jon.anderson () oracle com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:13:43 +0100

Michael,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

It's not critical at all so don't worry about it.  I just need to
set an expectation of which upstream version the fix will be
in.  For our OS releases, we maintain a patch stream which we
apply to a fixed revision (currently 1.5.1) until it's suitable
for us to move wholesale to a higher upstream version.

Our process mandates that we attempt to feed our modifications back
into the community unless it makes no sense at all to do so.

Thanks again,

Jon

On 05/09/2014 13:49, Michael Richardson wrote:
Jon Anderson <jon.anderson () oracle com> wrote:
     > I recently had a change merged with the-tcpdump-group/libpcap
     > (39540b9e1c4a9e4343c6cab77ee66e054f6bce51)

     > Is there any way to tell which libpcap version this change will
     > distributed with?

General answer:
Unless someone said that they pulled it up to libpcap 1.6, it will likely
come out with libpcap 1.7, which ought to be November 2014.  [releases tend
to be synchronized with IETF meetings]

If you want to pull it up to the libpcap-1.6 branch and submit a pull
request, and there is a reason to release a 1.6.3, that could happen.
I see that Guy actually pulled your patch up to the 1.6 tree.
If this is a critical fix, I can push the button on 1.6.3 once I'm back
in the same building as the USB key that can sign it, which should be
in about 12 hours.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--